You might not think so, but it’s hard to pick out your ten favorite images from an event, especially when that event is the 24 Hours of Le Mans and you’ve just clicked off nearly 4,500 photos. Still, I’ve narrowed those down to my 10 favorite. Follow the jump to see what made the cut.
1. I would consider this image to be the only exceptional image of the bunch. It’s a shot of the front straight at sunset, and the lighting on the grandstands really make the image. It’s a photo that I’d like if there were cars in the frame or not.
2. If someone asked me what Le Mans looked like, this would be the photo that I would show them. Again, the cars play such a small part in the photo, and I love the Ferris wheel in the background.
3. Race start – I didn’t have a photo credential to shoot the beginning of the race on the front straight, but fortunately I had access to an Audi hospitality building with a great view.
4. The iconic Dunlop Bridge with the sun getting low in the sky.
5. The #2 turning fast laps right as darkness starts to fall. I noticed many of the cars catching air going over the curb, and captured the Audi in the act.
6. Identical cars running together always make for a great photo, as demonstrated by this Lotus pair.
7. The #1 Audi a few hours before it suffered a massive crash. Perhaps the most photogenic race car in the field, and I really like the composition of this particular image.
8. This was one of my favorite locations, showing the Dunlop bridge in the distance.
9. A Ferrari running just past the Dunlop bridge in the early morning sun.
10. Another example of team cars running nose to tail, this time just before the front straight at sunset.